Step back in time and into a deeply enchanting world as you follow Marco Polo’s footsteps along the ancient desert trade routes of the mythic Silk Road. On this journey you will discover a remote and intriguing China filled with culturally rich towns, dramatic landscapes and once-in-a-lifetime encounters. Shop Kashgar’s wild bazaars, where you can buy everything from spices to horses and, of course, silk. Journey to the famed desert oasis of Turpan, where grapevine trellises hang over the streets, and explore the depths of the awe-inspiring cave temple of Dunhang. Rise early to be the sole climber on the 2,000 year-old Great Wall and gaze from the rooftop of the world in Shangri-la. This is a journey with all the makings of an otherworldly adventure, the recipe for experiences that rival fairytales from another time.
• Picturesque landscapes, fiery cuisine, dynamic culture—we love the Yunnan Province for its unexpected DNA. Within the region, which borders Tibet, Myanmar, Laos, and Vietnam, visitors will find tropical jungle, snow-capped mountains and even karsts--stone pillars that rise from the ground in great forest-like formations. You’ll drink butter tea amongst Tibetan chalets in Shangri-La; join the honeymooners on the weeping willow-lined walkways in the fairytale town of Shuhe; don your parka to gaze into crystal clear alpine pools on Jade Mountain; then shed it to be transported to Thailand-esque Xishuangbanna. With 26 different ethnic groups occupying the region, the architecture, language, food, and traditions are just as rich and varied as the landscape. For first-time sojourners and China veterans alike, Yunnan is a relatively undiscovered treat that offers a singular experience worthy of any traveler's bucket list.
• Fall even more love with each other as you dive into China’s past and blindingly bright future. This journey combines outdoor and urban adventures in places as distinct as the undulating hills that surround the ancient canal town of Lijiang, and rooftop bars overlooking the Bund. You’ll enjoy endless special access experiences, such as tours of private sections of the Great Wall, dumpling cooking classes, and luxury spa treatments derived from ancient Chinese traditions.
• People of all ages are wowed by China, whose imperial monuments like the Forbidden City and the Great Wall inspire awe with their size and splendor, and whose iconic Panda bears inspire an entirely different kind of “aww.” On this trip, you’ll explore natural wonderlands like Yangshuo and Longsheng, whose rice terraces are the most intense green we’ve ever seen, modern marvels such as Shanghai’s glittering skyscrapers, and give everyone in your family memories to cherish forever.
• You’ll savor the best China has to offer as we bring you under the Terracotta Warriors’ intense stare, onto the serene waters of the Li River, and over exquisitely carved stone bridges of elegant, imperial “water towns.” You’ll enjoy exclusive experiences as we show you our China, which includes a private lesson in Chinese antiquities, cooking classes, and full-on adventures, such as biking between traditional villages and hiking deserted sections of the Great Wall.
• Hong Kong is a sophisticated, fascinating, and very fun city, and this short journey lets you indulge in every side of it. You’ll tour its traditional neighborhoods and visit antique stores, go to the top of Victoria Peak, eat delectable dumplings and seafood at the city’s finest restaurants, and sip perfectly mixed cocktails at chic rooftop bars.
Get in touch. Plan your luxury vacation with our travel experts help plan. Speak with a Luxury Travel expert today.